Friday, March 23, 2007

It's a girl!!!

It's official. My crush is going to be the newest member of the kerpupples. I paid her adoption fee today. They kept her until they can give her all her shots and spay her - and then I get to bring home a new baby girl!

The shelter said she's been really scared. Normally they give young dogs shots as soon as they take them in but she was too afraid to let them do it.

We had a visit today. I asked her if she wanted to come home, and she gave my face a big slurp.

The spousal unit is not entirely convinced she's a good choice of pet for us, but I have a feeling it won't take long for Sasha to win him over. On the off chance that it doesn't work out, I found a local Husky rescue organization that I can work with and foster her until we find new owners for her.

4 comments:

Tanya Espanya said...

OHMYGOD, Congratulations, that's really wonderful. I'm sure she'll fit in after a bit. What did the other puppies say?

Slave to the dogs said...

I'll let you know - they kept her to spay her. We can pick her up tomorrow.

chelene said...

Congrats!! That's awesome! Like I said before, Huskies are my favorite. I agree with Tanya, I'm sure she'll fit in after a little adjustment period. They're the sweetest dogs.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new addition! Sasha is such a cute name!! Keep us all posted with pictures! :)