Friday, February 02, 2007

The pre-birthday random 10

Mere mortals know today as Groundhog's Day. But the real occasion is that it's The Day Before Slave to the Dogs' Birthday. Here's the music to set the mood:

Jesse's Girl - Rick Springfield
Piano Sonata Number ? - Beethoven
Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Different Names for the Same Thing - Death Cab For Cutie
Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
Jingle Bells - Korn
Lack Of Water - The Why Store
Happy Nation - Ace Of Base
Pentagram - Cake
Something's Got To Give - The Beastie Boys

Got a good weekend lined up. Tonight, some poker and some killer margaritas with my lone coworker who lives in the same state. Tomorrow, the spousal unit and I are going to catch a matinee of 1001, followed by a scrumptious dinner at La Fondue. Then on Sunday, some skiing and some Superbowl. Quite nice, wouldn't you say?

I've asked for a sewing machine for my gift. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a sewing machine, as last night the spousal unit came in carrying a sewing machine and dumped it on the living room floor, commenting "You can't have it yet." I look forward to taking up a new hobby.

Oh yeah - post your own random 10 here, or you'll forever be dubbed a birthday hater.

4 comments:

chelene said...

Happy Birthday (a little early), my dear! ;)

justacoolcat said...

Happy Birthday and nice list. Now I have Jessies Girl stuck in my head.

Slave to the dogs said...

Chel, thank you! :)

Cat - thanks, and that seems to happen with my 80s tunes, doesn't it? One of these days I'll really torture you and pull the random 10 from my 80s playlist. Last time I checked it had 11+ hours worth of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Tanya Espanya said...

Snappy birthday! I'll toast you with a drink (that virgin pina colada, with the umbrella).

:)