Sunday, October 01, 2006

Juice fast


Tomorrow I'm starting a juice fast. No solid food, and nothing but fresh squeezed juice. I'm shooting to stick with it for 10-14 days. My goals are weight loss, detoxification, and possibly clearing up of some skin issues and hay fever. This is a picture of all the fruits and veggies I've washed and laid out for tomorrow. On the menu is:

Breakfast - apple pear grape juice
Early afternoon - carrot celery juice
Late afternoon - more apple pear grape
Evening - bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, and asparagus juice

I have to do one strictly green juice per day, recommended in the evening.

A friend lost 30 pounds (though he did it for 3 weeks) and doesn't have to get allergy shots anymore. So I'm optimistic, though I know the first 2 or 3 days will be pure hell. I'll keep you posted.

Oh - and I can also drink water, herbal teas, and very occasionally, nut milks.

3 comments:

James said...

I predict you're going to look like Christian Bale in the Machinist before long...

Slave to the dogs said...

I'll stop before it gets that bad, trust me.

The Prophet said...

Hey,
I hope it works out for you!