Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hurty Poo

Yesterday the dogs went on a long jaunt while the spousal unit and I were at work. I sheepishly admitted to the spousal unit when he called me after arriving home first and finding them gone that I may have left the gate unlatched when administering weed killer to the lawn in the backyard over the weekend (lawn care blows - I can't relate at all to those nutjobs who get so into it).


Shortly after, Ripley let out a bark at the front door (we call this the Poo Signal). The spousal unit opened the door to see two tired, filthy, stinking dogs wanting to come inside. I have no doubt they'd been mucking through some swampy puddles I'd called Ripley away from on a walk last Friday. He thought they'd been stalking in the field across from our house until they saw his truck.

Well, they must have had quite an adventure indeed. Ripley has hip dysplasia but it generally doesn't bother her much. But last night she had a terrible bunny-hop gait, and I had to carry her upstairs when we went to bed. This morning she made it upstairs on her own, moving very slowly and clearly in pain. So we need to start up the regimen of buffered aspirin and glucosamine/chondroitin.

I hope this isn't the start of a decline. We love our poo!

No comments: