Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Painblogging - now live!

I'm sitting in a periodontist's lobby waiting for the spousal unit while he has a tooth extracted. He grinds them at night and fractured one to the roots.

This is not pleasant. There's no doors in this joint and I can hear everything.

"Good job!" -frequently

"You're going to hear a sound, don't be alarmed..." WTF? I heard that sound out here!

"You definitely made the right call..."

And the constant grinding sound. He's getting a bone graft with something the dentist called "human bone product". Doesn't that sound nifty?

5 comments:

chelene said...

Human bone product? Please do not elaborate.

Slave to the dogs said...

Chelene - you definitely don't want to hear about how some of this product can seep out through the stitches into the mouth during the healing process then.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my heart goes out to your S.U. I absolutely *hate* the dentist and that sounds like a particularly grueling trip. Esp. if you can hear what's going on from the waiting room!

Slave to the dogs said...

Spleeness - thanks, I'm sure he appreciates it. He was out of it during the procedure but was hurting the next day.

Pugs said...

Dave got a procedure done with human bone product. He didn't know what it was until I told him. He was totally grossed out...and so was I...