Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dark days

Though I am relieved that Imus and Rutgers have mercifully shrunk back into oblivion, I'm horrified at what happened to make it so.

Now they are showing the tributes to the people that died at VA Tech. The one about the Holocaust-surviving instructor who died trying to ensure that his students escaped tugs particularly hard at my insides. This takes me back to the days following 9/11. I think I wept for like a month straight.

Lucky for me, I have the spousal unit and the kerpupples to keep me happy and centered.

Are you feeling dark too?

Ending on a less gloomy note, here's a vid of Sasha proving that she's smarter than a blanket, with Roscoe watching nervously off-camera.

4 comments:

justacoolcat said...

I know this sounds strange, but I'm not feeling it. Quite the opposite, with the violent culture that the world has always been, the number of crazies it's filled with, the easy availability of weapons, and the media things like this receive; my only suprise when things like this happen are that they don't happen more often.

Talk about desensitized.

Tanya Espanya said...

I agree with Cool Cat; when these episodes happen I always think, How is this not happening once a week?

On a lighter note, are those dogs the nuttiest cutest things ever?! I love them!

Slave to the dogs said...

Heartless bastards.

chelene said...

Make that three. I've avoided the news. After Columbine and 9/11 I'm afraid I'm pretty much a dry husk when it comes to senseless violence.

Oh, and the dogs are the best!