Monday, November 05, 2007

Dogdial

I could set my watch by Ripley.

I started a ritual some months back of taking the dogs to go get the mail (our mailbox is down the street) every afternoon at 3 PM. This was a good point to break up the afternoon of drudgery work and late enough to ensure our mail carrier has been here.

So at some point I stopped having to call the dogs for our daily diversion. Ripley would show up next to my desk very near 3 o'clock, ears perked staring up at me expectantly.

So today at 5 til 2, she does the same thing. I chide her for being early, and then I realize that my dog's body clock does not observe the switch from Daylight Savings to Standard time.

The whole routine is repeated at 6 PM for doggy chow.

3 comments:

justacoolcat said...

That is awesome. I wonder how they do it?

Slave to the dogs said...

Cat - there are some people who wake up at the same time every day without an alarm. I figure it must be like that.

Anonymous said...

your dogs are smarter than some people I know.